Kick-off meeting of Erasmus+ project “INMACOM”
On March 9–10, 2023 the kick-off meeting of the Erasmus+ project “INMACOM: Innovative master`s program in photonics and optical communication to meet the needs of the telecommunications labor market in Uzbekistan" was held at Samarkand State University. The project will be coordinated by the Tashkent University of Information Technologies.
The project's specific objectives, which are directed to solve and address the above-identified problems fully or mostly, are the followings:
• Development of a new MSc curriculum in photonics and optical communications at 4 Uzbek universities;
• Capacity building of 4 Uzbek universities in photonics and optical communications education;
• Establishment of modern photonics and optical communications laboratories in 4 Uzbek universities;
• Pilot testing and starting implementation of joint modules/courses during the last project year;
• Strengthening university-industry cooperation to meet labor market needs.
In the kick-off meeting attended by the representatives of the Ministry of Science and Innovation of Higher Education Mr. Ulugbek Khodiyev, project team members of Samarkand State University, National University of Uzbekistan, Tashkent University of Information Technologies, Urgench branch of Tashkent University of Information Technologies and partners from European universities.
The project team of non-academic partners from the telecommunications industry "MIR SOLAR" company and the Khorezm branch of UZTELECOM took part in the conference. In order to meet the needs of the telecommunications labor market in Uzbekistan, the innovative master`s program in photonics and optical communications and the current issues of personnel training in this field were discussed.